These easy Turkey Hummus Wraps come together in just a few minutes with basic ingredients like roast turkey, spinach, carrot, hummus and cheese! This is a quick and easy lunch recipe you will love!
Easy Hummus Wrap
Who doesn’t love a good 5 minute meal?! These wraps are wonderful for lunch, or an easy dinner, and so easy to customize based on your personal preferences! I have always loved the flavor hummus adds to dishes. There is something so unique about its flavors.
My favorite hummus wrap is featured on my other website Maebells, it features grilled zucchini, creamy hummus, kale and other vegetables all wrapped up in a delicious grilled tortilla. It is an excellent vegetarian dinner, but if you are feeling wild you can add some grilled chicken for a really hearty meal. If you’re looking for more healthy lunches, check out this list of 30+ Gluten Free Lunch Recipes!
Ingredients for Turkey Hummus Wraps
- Tortilla: regular, low carb, gluten free, or a flavored option like Spinach and Herb
- Hummus: classic, roasted garlic, or red pepper are all great options
- Turkey: sliced deli turkey
- Spinach: I remove the stems for better texture
- Carrot: thinly sliced with a vegetable peeler or mandolin slicer
- Cheese: Swiss, Gouda, or any other variety
How do you Make a Healthy Turkey Wrap?
I suggest slightly warming the tortilla in the microwave or in a skillet to make it more pliable. This makes rolling a gluten free, or corn tortilla much easier. However, if you are using a regular flour tortilla it isn’t totally necessary, as they are easier to roll when cold.
- Spread hummus on a warm tortilla, top with spinach, turkey, carrot and cheese.
- Roll tightly and slice.
Alternatively, if you are packing this wrap to be eaten later simply wrap tightly in plastic wrap after rolling. This keeps the wrap nice and tight so nothing spills out. Cut before serving if you wish.
How do you keep wraps from getting soggy?
This is a common issue. If you are preparing wraps as a meal prep option there is nothing worse than opening your lunch box and being greeted with a soggy, tasteless wrap. To ensure you have the perfect wrap there are a few easy things you can do:
- Make sure the wrap has cooled before you wrap it up. If it is warm at all when you wrap it in plastic wrap the condensation will cause the wrap to become soggy.
- Pat any vegetables dry before adding them to the wrap.
- If you have really juicy vegetables such as a sliced tomato being added to your wrap pat it dry, and layer it between the meat and lettuce so it is not directly touching the tortilla. Alternatively, you can add these more moist elements like a tomato or pickle to a separate container and add just before eating.
Other Easy Wrap Recipes
If you’re looking for new and exciting wrap recipes for your lunchbox, try out some of these super quick and easy ideas. Whatever your favorite ingredients, diet plan or food intolerances, there’s guaranteed to be a gorgeous new wrap out there to tantalize your taste buds!
- Packed with veggies, creamy cheese and hummus, this Grilled Zucchini Hummus Wrapis the perfect vegetarian option.
- If you’re looking for something simple yet tasty and protein-packed, give this Keto Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wrap a try.
- For the perfect balance of filling yet low-carb goodness, check out the Keto Club Lettuce Wrap.
- If you like a little heat, spice up your life with this sharp Chicken Bacon Ranch Wrap.
Easy Turkey Wraps
- 1 large tortilla
- 1-2 tablespoons hummus
- 1/2 cup loosely packed baby spinach
- 3 slices deli turkey
- 5-6 thin strips of carrot
- 1 slice Swiss cheese
I suggest slightly warming the tortilla in the microwave or in a skillet to make it more pliable. This makes rolling a gluten free, or corn tortilla much easier. However, if you are using a regular flour tortilla it isn't totally necessary, as they are easier to roll when cold.
1. Spread hummus on a warm tortilla, top with spinach, turkey, carrot and cheese.
2. Roll tightly and slice.
Alternatively, if you are packing this wrap to be eaten later simply wrap tightly in plastic wrap after rolling.
This keeps the wrap nice and tight so nothing spills out. Cut before serving if you wish.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 wrap Serving Size: 1 wrap
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 310Total Fat: 13.9gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 1106mgCarbohydrates: 27gNet Carbohydrates: 10gFiber: 17gSugar: 4.2gProtein: 32g