This hearty, comforting Keto Tomato Soup is just what your family ordered! This delicious soup is around seven net carbs per cup!
Keto Tomato Soup
We all know tomato soup is one of the best soups out there. But tomatoes do have carbs, so they can be tricky on a keto diet. But my keto tomato soup is keto friendly! This recipe has no flour, which saves a ton of carbs! This keto tomato soup is the perfect keto comfort food. To make things even better, this soup is gluten free, is cooked in one pot and ready in under 30 minutes!
Ingredients for Keto Tomato Soup
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in this low carb tomato soup. For the complete recipe, just keep scrolling.
- Onion- chopped
- Garlic- minced
- Tomato paste
- Italian seasoning
- Spices- onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- San Marzano Tomatoes– I highly recommend these tomatoes, they are delicious!
- Chicken broth- can use vegetable broth if you prefer
- Heavy cream
- Keto sweetener- I used confectioners Monkfruit sweetener
How to make low carb Tomato Soup
First, saute your onion and garlic. Add tomato paste, spices and canned tomatoes and simmer until reduced. Add stock and simmer, then blend until the soup has reached your desired consistency. Add heavy cream and sweetener to taste and serve! If you want a topper for your soup, check out these 25+ Keto Soup Toppers!
Is tomato soup keto?
Typically, no. But my flourless tomato soup is keto! By removing the flour, the carb count is drastically reduced. Tomatoes can be a part of your low carb diet, they just need to be enjoyed in moderation. This low carb tomato soup is about seven carbs per cup! This recipe makes eight cups, so your whole family can have a hearty, comforting bowl of soup!
How to Store and Reheat low carb soup
To store this soup, place in a plastic or glass container with an airtight lid and put in the fridge. This soup will stay fresh for up to four days. To reheat, you can warm on the stove top in a small pot until warm. You can also reheat in the microwave, just place in a microwave safe bowl and warm in 30 second increments until your desired temperature is met.
What to serve with tomato soup?
For some delicious soup toppers, check out this list of 25+ Keto Soup Toppers for some great ideas! I served my keto soup with these Keto Three Cheese Biscuits, but these Keto Bacon Cheddar Chive Biscuits or these Keto Garlic Cheddar Biscuits would also be perfect. My sister recently made these Rosemary Garlic Keto Rolls that are amazing! Of course, you have to have a salad with soup- I love this Italian Chopped Salad. If you’re looking for more veggies, try this Cheddar Bacon Ranch Roasted Cauliflower or these delicious Spinach and Cheese Bites!
Tips for the Best Keto Tomato Soup
- Use San Marzano tomatoes for the best flavor. These tomatoes have a great balance of sweet and acidity, making them great for savory soup.
- Use a good blender. I use an immersion blender, you can use a heat safe blender if you prefer. Keep in mind the consistency you prefer when blending. If you love a silky smooth soup make sure to blend until totally smooth, if you like small chunks of tomatoes reserve some soup and set aside or just pulse to blend.
- Don’t skimp on the heavy cream! This adds the perfect creamy texture!
Other Keto Soup Recipes
- Low Carb Vegetable Beef Soup
- Easy Sicilian Chicken Soup
- Cheesy Italian Sausage Soup
- Instant Pot Pizza Soup
- Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons onion powder and garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 (28 ounce cans) San Marzano Tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1-2 tablespoons keto sweetener to taste (I use confectioners Monkfruit sweetener)
- In a large stock pot or dutch oven heat the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the tomato paste and spices and stir well.
- Add the undrained canned tomatoes and allow the tomatoes to simmer until the liquid has reduced by about half. Add the chicken stock and stir well, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender (or transfer to a heat proof blender) and blend the soup until it has reached your desired consistancy.
- Stir in the heavy cream and sweetener to taste. As salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 9.5gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 607mgCarbohydrates: 11.9gNet Carbohydrates: 7.6gFiber: 4.3gSugar: 7.7gProtein: 3.9g