This Keto Veggie Bagel Sandwich has just 5 net carbs and tons of fresh vegetables on a perfectly toasted bagel! This is the perfect light, low carb lunch!
This light and refreshing Keto Veggie Bagel Sandwich is toasted to perfection and piled high with fresh vegetables. This low carb slider is super versatile – ideal for breakfast or a quick lunch. These bagels couldn’t be easier to put together and are completely adaptable, so don’t be afraid to get creative with your ingredients!
And what’s more, this nutritious sandwich contains just 5 net carbs in total, making it the ultimate in tasty keto lunches. What’s not to love?
Ingredients for Veggie Bagels
- Keto bagels
- Cream cheese
How do you make Keto Sandwiches?
For this recipe I use these Keto Bagels. They are so yummy and the recipe makes 8, so it is great for meal prep! Simply slice the bagel and toast. Spread the cream cheese on the bagel and top with the vegetables. Don’t forget to add salt and pepper, as it really brings to avocado to life!
How many carbs are in a Keto Veggie Bagel Sandwich?
The bagel itself only contains 3 net carbs (impressive!) You can find step by step photos and instructions that guide you through making them here. With the toppings listed above, the entire sandwich has just 5 net carbs in total. Who says you can’t enjoy the simple pleasures of a good sandwich on a keto diet?
Alternatively, if you aren’t concerned with carbs and are just looking for an easy vegetarian lunch option, just use your favorite bagel.
You can stuff your keto Veggie Bagels with whatever fillings take your fancy (or whatever is left in the refrigerator!)
They work especially well with different types of cheese (shredded mozzarella or smoky cheddar are great choices), or why not opt for a millennial-style lunch with classic smashed avocado, lime juice, salt and pepper?
Alternatively, you can mix up your vegetable choices by substituting some of these great ingredients:
- Sautéed mushrooms
- Bell peppers
- Lettuce or spinach.
If a healthy boost of protein is what you’re after, throw in some bacon, ham, grilled chicken, or eggs cooked however you prefer. Truly, this is a very versatile recipe.
Are these sandwiches good for meal prep?
Absolutely! Sandwiches are legendary in the world of meal prep, and these keto Veggie Bagels are no different. For an easy workday lunch, slice and prepare your veggies in advance and keep refrigerated (they should last 2 or 3 days).
When you’re ready to eat or before heading out for the day, simply add the toppings you would like to your keto bagel and go. Keep your lunchtime treat safe by wrapping tightly in foil and storing in an airtight container or lunchbox.
Avoid putting the whole bagel together more than a few hours in advance, though, as you don’t want to risk it going soggy.
Other Low Carb Recipes
- This Keto Club Lettuce Wrap stuffed with ham, bacon, cheese and crispy salad is another quick and convenient option for meal prep.
- For a hearty yet effortless winter warmer, rustle up a batch of comforting yet low-carb Keto Broccoli Cheddar Chicken. This one is the perfect option for dinner.
- If you’re a fan of seafood, this Keto Baked Parmesan and Pecan Crusted Halibut is sure to be a favorite – and what’s more, it’ll be ready to eat in just 20 minutes! (gluten-free)
- This Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Soup is an excellent source of protein, and with spicy buffalo sauce and cheesy goodness, it’s packed with flavor, too!
- Love lighter keto recipes and also love desert? You’re in luck! These Keto Lemon Cheesecake Parfaits are the perfect combination of creamy and tangy.
- 1 Keto Bagel
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 2 small slices avocado
- 1-2 small slices tomato
- 1-2 small slices cucumber
- 1-2 tablespoon sprouts or micro greens
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice and toast the bagel.
- Spread the cream cheese on the base, top with the remaining vegetables. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 324Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 480mgCarbohydrates: 9.2gNet Carbohydrates: 5gFiber: 4.2gSugar: 1gProtein: 18.8g