This healthy Mediterranean Chickpea Salad is packed with protein filled chickpeas, vegetables, feta and a delicious homemade vinaigrette dressing! The amazing salad is perfect for meal prep, and a perfect lunch or dinner!
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
Don’t you ever crave a super healthy, filling meal that won’t make you feel weighed down? I know I do! This Mediterranean Chickpea Salad fits the bill perfectly! Diced cucumbers, tomatoes and olives are mixed with one of my favorite vegetarian protein sources- chickpeas! Add in the feta and the super easy homemade vinaigrette and you’ve got the perfect meal.
This salad is full of protein from the chickpeas and feta, packed with veggies and healthy fats are derived from the olive oil. This Chickpea Salad is a perfect for work lunches or a vegetarian dinner night! This salad is great for meal prep- make it on a Sunday and you’ve got lunch for the whole week!
Ingredients for Mediterranean Chickpea Salad Recipe
As always, this is a quick overview of the ingredients you will need for this recipe. To get the complete, printable recipe just keep scrolling.
- Cucumber: a common garden cucumber, or English Cucumber (also known as a Hothouse cucumber) will work in this recipe, use your favorite variety.
- Chickpeas: drain, rinse and pat the chickpeas dry for the best flavor and texture salad.
- Cherry tomatoes: chopped cherry tomatoes, heirloom cherries are a great option for a delicious flavor.
- Olives: I use green olives, but you can use black, kalamata or a combination of your favorite.
- Feta Cheese: regular or herb feta.
- Lemon Vinaigrette Ingredients: olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper
How to make Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
This salad comes together in a breeze. First, make your dressing. Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and Italian seasoning in a jar with a screw top lid. Shake until combined. Next, add your chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, feta and chickpeas to a large bowl. Pour the dressing onto your salad and mix to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste and you’re done!
Can I meal prep chickpea salad?
Absolutely! This meal is perfect for meal prep. Simply prepare your salad beforehand and store in the fridge. I like to use these containers for meal prep, so I add an extra lunch items I want. I brought this salad to work with me and I had these Marinated Mozzarella Balls as a snack!
How long can you store salad?
This chickpea salad will stay fresh in the fridge for up to five days. Simply place into a plastic or glass container with an airtight lid and you’re all set.
What goes with chickpea salad?
This is such a great dish on its own. However, if you’d like to serve it as a dish that is a great option too! If you want to keep the meal vegetarian I suggest this Hummus Zucchini Wrap. This healthy, easy wrap recipe features grilled zucchini, creamy hummus, kale, red onion and tomatoes. It is one of my all time favorite dishes and it pairs beautifully with the Mediterranean flavors in this salad. Some other serving options include:
- Salmon: these bright, fresh flavors are perfect for a salmon dish. These Grilled Salmon Skewers are an excellent option, as well as this Sheet Pan Salmon.
- Chicken: Greek Chicken Kabobs and this easy Chicken Piccata are healthy, versatile options that are great with this salad.
Other Healthy Salad Recipes
- Italian Chopped Salad
- Kale Harvest Salad
- Loaded Balsamic Kale Salad
- Spicy Thai Salad with Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Cobb Salad
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a jar with a screw top combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and Italian seasoning. Shake until the ingredients are combined.
- Add the cucumber, chickpeas, tomatoes, olives and feta in a bowl. Pour the dressing over and toss to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 3/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 1.6gSodium: 212mgCarbohydrates: 11.5gNet Carbohydrates: 7.9gFiber: 3.6gProtein: 4g