These Ham and Swiss Lettuce Wraps are the perfect way to shake up your lunch routine! At about 4 net carbs these wraps are low carb and keto-friendly!
Do you ever feel like you are in a lunchtime rut? It can be so tough to think of easy meals that can satisfy your hunger. It is especially difficult if you are on a low carb diet. Most of the go to lunches are sandwiches, yogurt parfaits, or wraps that are loaded with carbs. These Ham and Swiss Lettuce Wraps are just what you need!
Ingredients for Ham and Cheese Lettuce Wrap
- Red Onion
- Dill Pickles
How do you make a Ham and Lettuce Wrap?
The first step is to layer several lettuce leaves overlapping one another, this creates your “tortilla” you will build your wrap on. In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, mustard and chopped dill pickle to create the savory spread.Spread the sauce on the lettuce just like you would a tortilla or slice of bread.
Top with one slice of Swiss cheese. Add ham slices, red onion, and tomato slices down the center of the wrap. Top with salt and pepper. Roll very tightly and slice down the center. All done!
How many carbs are in ham?
When starting a keto diet it can be hard to understand what is permitted and what is not. Ham is one of those tricky ingredients. A smoked ham is perfectly fine, as it is naturally low in carbs. However, other varieties such as Honey Ham would not work, because the glaze is too high in carbs. When doing your grocery shopping just be mindful of the carbs in the deli meat you choose.
Are there carbs in lettuce?
Lettuce is naturally low carb! It is also packed with other nutrients, depending on the type of lettuce you choose. This is why I love to use it for my wraps!
Easy Low Carb Lunch Ideas
If you love lettuce wraps as much as I do you need to try my favorite Keto Turkey Club Wrap. It is a quick and easy wrap loaded with deli turkey, salty bacon, crisp lettuce and tender avocado! This makes a perfect low carb lunch recipe under 4 net carbs!
Another option is this Italian Lettuce Wrap, it features crunchy iceberg lettuce wrapped around thick slices of pepperoni, salami and smoked Gouda! At about 3 net carbs this fits perfectly in a keto diet.
But if you’d like to mix things up and try some easy low carb lunches that are great for meal prep these keto bites are perfect! They are delicious warm or cold and there are several different flavor varieties:
- Keto Ham and Cheese Bites: about 1.5 net carbs each
- Cheesy Keto Pepperoni Pizza Bites: about 1 net carb each
- Keto Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites: less than one net carb each
- Easy Keto Taco Bites: about 1 net carb each
- 2-3 Iceberg Lettuce Leaves
- 3 slices deli Ham
- 1 slice Swiss
- 2 thin Red Onion slices
- 2 small Tomato slices
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped Dill Pickles
- salt and pepper to taste
- Layer several lettuce leaves overlapping one another, this creates your “tortilla” you will build your wrap on.
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, mustard and chopped dill pickle to create the savory spread.
- Spread the sauce on the lettuce just like you would a tortilla or slice of bread.
- Top with one slice of Swiss cheese. Add ham slices, red onion, and tomato slices down the center of the wrap. Top with salt and pepper.
- Roll very tightly and slice down the center.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 wrap Serving Size: 1 wrap
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 22.8gCholesterol: 58.5mgSodium: 238mgCarbohydrates: 6.9gNet Carbohydrates: 4.1gFiber: 2.8gSugar: 2.9gProtein: 18.1g