This warm tortilla wrap stuffed to the brim with tender BBQ chicken, sharp cheddar cheese, grilled onions, tomatoes and fresh lettuce is the perfect lunch on the go option!
The humble BBQ Chicken Wrap is a timeless classic, and for good reason! It’s incredibly easy to prepare in a rush, without the need to sacrifice flavor and enjoyment. You can even prep your BBQ chicken in advance or buy a pre-prepared option for the ultimate in time-saving lunches.
If you’re following a low carb/keto diet, feel free to replace the tortilla wrap with romaine, iceberg or butter lettuce. The simply delicious BBQ Chicken Wrap will always be one of my firm favorites when it comes to quick and easy lunches!
Ingredients Needed for BBQ Chicken Wrap
- Large tortilla: a low carb, gluten free or regular flour tortilla will work just fine!
- Grilled Chicken: great way to use leftover chicken!
- BBQ Sauce
- Sharp cheddar
- Grilled Onions
How do you Make a BBQ Chicken Wrap?
Begin by warming a large tortilla in the microwave for 15 seconds, or in a lightly greased skillet until warm. Feel free to add some butter to your warm tortilla if you fancy, then stack the cooked chicken, BBQ Sauce, sliced or grated cheddar, grilled onions, lettuce and tomatoes in the center of your tortilla.
Carefully roll the tortilla nice and tightly, slice down the middle and enjoy! With a prep time of less than 10 minutes, this BBQ Chicken Wrap is the ideal option for busy workdays!
Are Wraps Good for Meal Prep?
Wraps really do make the perfect versatile packed lunch or meal prep option. You’re best off storing the ingredients separately and assembling your wrap in the morning or when you are ready to eat, as if left for too long your salad and chicken may cause the wrap to become a little soggy.
Cooked chicken can last up to 3 days in the refrigerator, so this BBQ Chicken Wrap is a great option if you’d like to plan a couple of days’ lunches in advance.
What can I add to a BBQ Chicken Wrap?
The great thing about a BBQ Chicken Wrap is its simplicity. You can feel free to switch around any of the ingredients or salad options to make the perfect wrap for your unique taste buds! For example, you might like to add some crunchy lettuce or tomato for an extra fresh flavor and an added health kick. Alternatively, if you are into spiciness, add pickled jalapeño for an extra kick? The possibilities are endless!
Other Easy Wrap Recipes
I am obsessed with spicing up my wraps with a kick of jalapeño, and this jalapeño lime chicken wrap is another firm lunchtime favorite of mine! Here are a few other gorgeous wrap recipes to keep your lunch breaks fresh and exciting:
- Spicy Chicken Bacon Ranch Wrap: loaded with flavor and perfect for dinner or lunch.
- Easy Italian Chicken Wrap: all the flavor of a classic Olive Garden salad in an easy wrap.
- Grilled Zucchini Hummus Wrap: a vegetarian favorite!
- Keto Turkey Club Wrap: an easy keto-friendly classic!
- Keto Club Lettuce Wrap: my personal fave!
- 1 large tortilla: a low carb, gluten free or regular flour tortilla
- 1 small grilled chicken breast
- 1-2 tablespoons BBQ Sauce
- 1 slice sharp cheddar
- 2-3 slices grilled onions
- 2-3 leaves of lettuce
- 2 small tomato slices
- Begin by warming a large tortilla in the microwave for 15 seconds, or in a lightly greased skillet until warm.
- Line the cheddar slices along the cetner of the wrap then stack the cooked chicken, BBQ Sauce, grilled grilled onions, lettuce and tomatoes in the center of your tortilla.
- Carefully roll the tortilla nice and tightly, slice down the middle and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 373Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 226mgSodium: 963mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 6gSugar: 19gProtein: 35g