Enjoy a quick lunch with this easy Chicken Bacon Ranch Tortilla Hack recipe! If using a low carb tortilla this chicken wrap has just 5 net carbs per serving!
Have you seen this new tortilla hack going around lately? I just had to try it! I love combining flavors and this seemed like a great way to get as many delicious tastes into one bite as possible! Are there any flavors that go better together than chicken, bacon and ranch? I don’t think so.
This is the perfect easy dinner or meal prep lunch! Use leftover grilled chicken, shredded chicken or rotisserie style chicken, add some precooked bacon and bam! You’ve got yourself a meal that everyone will love. To make this recipe low carb, just swap out the regular tortilla for a low carb tortilla! This seriously only takes ten minutes to bring together and your kids will think you are the coolest around for knowing about this trend!
Ingredients for the best Chicken Quesadilla
- Chicken- use whatever chicken you have on hand- grilled, taco style, fried, rotisserie, etc.
- Cheese- you can’t go wrong here. Mexican blend, pepperjack, mozzarella, gouda, cheddar, swiss, the list goes on.
- Bacon- I prefer crispy bacon, but however you like yours cooked will be great in this quesadilla!
- Ranch dressing- low fat options will also work here
- Tortilla- you can use a regular tortilla, or go for gluten free, low carb, a protein tortilla or a flavored tortilla
What is the tortilla hack trend?
You know what they say, do as the kids do! And this time, I have to admit, the kids were right. Okay, here’s the tortilla hack explained for everyone who remembers VHS tapes.
Lay out a tortilla flat. In the middle of the tortilla along the bottom half, make a cut half way up the tortilla. Put your ingredients into the four quadrants of the tortilla. So chicken in one section, bacon, ranch and cheese in another.
Now it’s time to wrap. Take the portion of the tortilla that is to the left of the cut you made earlier. Take that section and fold it directly on top of the section above it. So if you laid out your tortilla as chicken in the bottom left, bacon in the top left, ranch in the top right and cheese in the bottom right, you would be placing chicken over bacon.
Now fold the two sections (hypothetically, chicken and bacon) to the right upper corner of the tortilla. So in our scenario, fold these two sections over your ranch. After you’ve done that, fold the three sections into the bottom right, so our cheese. So all four sections overlap so you basically get a bite of each flavor all at once. That’s it, fellow kids!
Substitutions for Chicken Bacon Ranch Tortilla Hack
There are really unlimited options for this recipe. You can do whatever you like! Here’s some ideas:
- BBQ Chicken or Pork- Use either protein, cheddar cheese, BBQ sauce and bacon
- Pizza- Chicken, pepperoni, sausage or whatever you prefer, marinara, bacon and mozzarella
- Cheesesteak- Shaved beef, provolone, onions and peppers and shredded lettuce
- Ham and Swiss- Ham, swiss, mayonnaise and shredded lettuce
- Taco- Beef or chicken, sour cream, ranch and Mexican cheese blend
Is this Chicken Quesadilla hack good for meal prep?
Yep! Go ahead and make this the day before and place into the fridge. It will stay fresh for two days in a container with an airtight lid, making it the perfect meal prep lunch!
Other Chicken Wraps
- Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap
- BBQ Chicken Wrap
- Keto Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wrap
- Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wrap
- 1 tortilla (regular, gluten free, or low carb)
- 1 cup, cooked sliced chicken
- 1 slice bacon, cooked until crisp
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- Place a tortilla on a cutting board and cut 1/4 of the way up the tortilla (see images)
- In one quadrant place the cooked chicken, the next the bacon, then cheese, and lastly the ranch dressing and green onions.
- Fold the tortilla one quadrant at a time (see images for examples)
- Lightly butter or grease the outside of the tortilla and place in a skillet over medium heat or a panini press. Cook the tortilla 2-3 minutes until golden brown and flip.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 Wrap
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 384Total Fat: 20.6gCholesterol: 126mgSodium: 650mgCarbohydrates: 20.4gNet Carbohydrates: 5.4gFiber: 15gSugar: 0.2gProtein: 40g