Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps are only about 4 net carbs per serving! This savory sesame chicken is wrapped in crisp lettuce and topped with crunchy nuts and fresh green onions!
Don’t you hate when you get stuck in a recipe rut? Sometimes I just can’t think of anything creative and different for dinner. Often we end up in an endless rotation of tostadas, chicken tacos and these easy wraps. All of which are super delicious but sometimes you need to shake up your routine!
These Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps are the perfect way to mix up your dinner menu! The filling for these hearty wraps is made in one pan in under 30 minutes. This is something you can make even on busy weeknights without too much work. It is also one of my favorite recipes to make for meal prep. Simply make the filling and pack in a divided lunch container with lettuce! An easy healthy lunch!
What ingredients do I need to make Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps?
- Bell Pepper
- Chicken Broth
- Soy Sauce
- Rice Vinegar
- Sesame Oil
- Brown Sugar Swerve (keto friendly sweetener)
- Peanut Butter
- Garnish Options: Green onions, almond or peanuts, red pepper flakes
How do you make Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps?
This recipe is made in two simple steps. The first is cooking chopped chicken, bell pepper and garlic in a skillet. When the chicken is cooked through and the peppers are tender you add a small amount of chicken broth to the pan and scrape the bottom to deglaze the pan. This ensures all of that good flavor is released from the pan and your chicken is moist.
The second step is combining soy sauce, water, rice vinegar, sesame oil, swerve and peanut butter in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. I find it helpful to heat the sauce 10-20 seconds before whisking and the swerve and peanut butter dissolves much easier.
Can I make these Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps keto?
Absolutely! This recipe is naturally low carb, the only significant source of carbs is the brown sugar. You can easily switch this out for a keto friendly sweetener such as golden monkfruit or brown sugar swerve.
What are some other easy low carb recipes?
If you are looking for easy ways to cut carbs I have some simple recipes you will love! This Keto Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wrap is the most popular recipe on this site, and for good reason! It is packed with grilled chicken, salty bacon, cheddar cheese and buffalo sauce all wrapped in crisp lettuce!
Some other easy low carb keto friendly recipes you will love are:
- One Pan Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet
- Sausage and Green Bean Sheet Pan Dinner
- Keto Chili
- Crispy Keto Salmon Patties
- Keto Lemon Chia Seed Pudding
For the Chicken Filling
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (water or cooking wine will work also)
For the Sesame Sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (brown sugar swerve or monkfruit golden for keto)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
For the Wraps
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- Green onions
- Almonds or peanuts
- Heat a large 12 inch skillet to medium heat. Add the olive oil and add the chopped chicken to the pan, cook stirring occasionally until it begins to brown.
- Add the chopped bell pepper and onion. Continue to stir occasionally until chicken is cooked through and peppers are tender. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add the chicken broth to the skillet to degalze the pan. Stir well and scrape the bottom of the pan well.
- In a small bowl combine all of the sauce ingredients and whisk until smooth (this is easier to whisk if you micorwave for 10-20 seconds first)
- Pour the Asian sauce over the chicken and peppers, stir well.
Allow the mixture to simmer over medium low for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. When mixture has thickened remove from heat.
- Serve with cold lettuce leaves. Top with green onions, chopped almonds, or peanuts.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 1/2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 198Total Fat: 7.2gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 88.4mgCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 3.4gFiber: 1.6gSugar: 2gProtein: 28g