These five ingredient Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Taquitos are the perfect quick and easy dinner!
These Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Taquitos are super simple to rustle up for a quick and convenient lunch or weeknight dinner. With shredded chicken, sharp cheddar cheese, creamy ranch and tangy buffalo sauce, these delights are everything you hoped for!
We have long been fans of crispy taquitos! They are so simple to make and if you’ve ever been a poor college kid, odds are you’ve enjoyed several boxes of the frozen variety in your lifetime! Now, you can make homemade taquitos that are extra crispy, loaded as full as you want and naturally gluten free!
While these can be made in the oven, and I provide those instructions below, using the air fryer makes them a breeze. What’s more, Buffalo Chicken Taquitos can easily be frozen, making them ideal for the meal prep lovers among us, too.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- Corn tortillas: you can also use flour tortillas or low carb tortillas if you prefer.
- Shredded chicken: great way to use leftover baked, grilled or rotisserie chicken.
- Buffalo sauce
- Ranch dressing
- Shredded cheese: any variety, but I love sharp cheddar. Feel free to mix flavors together like cheddar and gouda.
- Spray oil: Spray olive, canola or coconut oil works.
How do you prevent corn tortillas from cracking?
This is the number one problem people have with corn tortillas, but surprisingly, the solution is pretty simple!
If you try to roll a room temperature, or chilled corn tortilla it will crack in every single time. There are two steps that will easily prevent. this. All you need to do is spray the tortillas with a bit of oil and brush or rub it evenly over both sides. Then, heat the tortilla in a skillet over a medium low heat until the wraps become pliable.
You aren’t cooking the tortillas until they are crisp, or browned. Just remove them from the skillet when they are warm and easy to bend and manipulate. As soon as they’re ready, be sure to fill and roll immediately!
How to make Air Fryer Taquitos
Making Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Taquitos really could not be easier. Simply prep your ingredients and corn tortillas (like I mentioned above) and fill the taquitos as normal, whilst preheating the air fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 3 minutes.
Once the air fryer is ready for action, place the prepared taquitos in seam side down to prevent unrolling. Give them a light spray with some oil and air fry for 4-5 minutes for the perfect crispy taquito moment!
Taquito Filling Options
As with any wrap, the great thing about taquitos is their versatility, so feel free to experiment with different fillings.
For example, beef can work really well instead of chicken, or if you’re cooking for the kids, you can easily leave out the buffalo sauce (or replace it with something else they love!) Some other ideas include:
- Cheese options: Cheddar, Pepper-Jack, Havarti, Gouda, Smoked Gouda, Swiss.
- Protein Options: Cooked ground beef, turkey, shrimp, steak.
- Sauce Options: BBQ sauce or Avocado Ranch.
How to Store and Reheat Taquitos
Taquitos are great for meal prep and can be refrigerated or frozen. In either case, allow your Taquitos to cool completely before placing them into a sealed container or a tightly wrapped freezer bag for storage.
To reheat in the air-fryer, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit before placing your Taquitos into the frying basket. Spray them with a little oil and fry 5 minutes, or until they’re fully heated through, crisp and delicious.
To reheat in the oven, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit before placing your Taquitos onto a baking sheet. Spray them with a little oil and bake for around 10-15 minutes, or until they’re fully heated through, crisp and delicious.
To reheat in the microwave, simply place your Taquitos onto a microwavable plate and heat on high power for 30 second intervals. To restore Taquitos to their former crispy glory, though, I would definitely recommend reheating in the oven.
Other Buffalo Chicken Recipes
- This Buffalo Chicken Soup is perfect for chilly days.
- Alternatively, if you’re following a keto diet, try out these scrumptious Keto Buffalo Chicken Taquitos.
- Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats loaded with chicken, cheese and buffalo sauce are a real dinnertime treat. What’s more, they’re only around 4 net carbs per serving!
- 2 cups Cooked Shredded Chicken
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar
- 2 tablespoons Buffalo Sauce
- 1/4 cup Ranch Dressing
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- Spray Oil
- Combine the chicken, cheddar, buffalo sauce and ranch dressing. Set aside.
- Prepare the corn tortillas by spraying or brushing oil lighty on each side of the tortilla. Heat in a skillet over medium low heat until warm and easily pliable.
- Place the filling along one end of the tortilla and tightly roll, laying seam side down.
- Preheat the air fryer at 390 degrees F for 3 minutes. Add the taquitos seam side dowm and lightly spray with oil. Fry 4 minutes and check, cook 1-2 more minutes or until they reach your desired crisness.
If you want the filling to be extra creamy add 3 ounces of softened cream cheese to the filling.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Taquitos Serving Size: Nutrition calculated per taquito
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 154Total Fat: 4.9gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 90mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1.5gSugar: 0.3gProtein: 16g