This easy Hummus Veggie Wrap is a healthy dish that requires no cooking! Loaded with fresh vegetables, creamy hummus, tangy feta, and protein rich chick-peas this is a vegetarian meal you will love!
Hummus Veggie Wrap
My all time favorite vegetarian wrap is this Grilled Zucchini Hummus Wrap. The flavor combination of freshly grilled zucchini, hummus, red onion, tomato and kale is simply unbeatable! Today I am sharing a Hummus Veggie Wrap that encompasses some of those qualities, but it requires no cooking!
In the dog days of summer it is too hot to even turn a grill on. This is the perfect healthy, no cook recipe that is loaded with satisfying ingredients! You can switch things up based on your personal preferences, but as written it is a great flavor combination!
Veggie Wrap Ingredients
As always, this is a quick overview of the ingredients needed for this recipe. For the complete recipe just keep scrolling. Remember, you can customize this based on your personal preferences, but I used:
- Tortilla: regular, gluten free, low carb, or a flavor.
- Hummus: any variety, but I love this Feta Hummus.
- Veggies: spinach, tomato, cucumber, red onion.
- Feta Cheese: Herbed Feta is also a great option to change things up.
- Chickpeas, also called garbanzo beans.
- Olives: any variety.
How to make a Hummus Veggie Wrap
This is such an easy recipe. The first thing you need to do is prep the tortilla. You can use any kind of tortilla you wish, but to make a wrap I suggest using a large, often called “burrito” size tortilla. To prep the tortilla, heat the tortilla in a skillet or microwave if desired, so it is pliable. This is not essential, but it can make rolling the tortilla easier.
Once the tortilla is ready, spread your favorite hummus all over the tortilla. Top with a layer of vegetables, then top with the cheese, olives and chickpeas. Carefully, roll the tortilla as tight as you can and slice.
What kind of tortilla should I use?
You can use any large tortilla for this recipe. Some options include gluten free, low carb, or a flavored tortilla such as spinach and herb. Just be sure to use a large tortilla so you can pack it with all the yummy ingredients!
Is this wrap good for meal prep?
While this wrap can be made a few hours in advance, I do not suggest making it any further in advance because the ingredients, especially the tomato will cause the wrap to become soggy.
If you want to prep this I would suggest packing the ingredients, tortilla and hummus separately. Then simply assemble when ready to eat!
Tip and Tricks for the Best Veggie Wraps
- Heat the tortilla slightly so it is pliable and easy to roll.
- Lay the tortilla on a 12×12 section of parchment paper before assembling. Use the paper to help you roll the wrap tightly, this helps to keep everything together and keeps the wrap from unrolling.
- Use any variety of hummus you prefer. I love this Feta Hummus, or store bought roasted garlic hummus.
- Pat any wet ingredients, such as the tomato and olives dry to ensure the wrap does not get soggy.
Other Vegetarian Recipes
- Mediterranean Tostadas: crispy tostadas are topped with hummus, chick-peas and fresh veggies.
- Zucchini Hummus Wrap: grilled zucchini, hummus, veggies and cheese make a hearty, satisfying dish!
- Harvest Kale Salad: packed with blueberries, cranberries and nuts this is a delicious salad that is good for meal prep!
- Lemon Broccoli Penne: one of my favorite vegetarian entrees.
- Foil Pack Green Beans: easy and naturally low carb, not to mention no clean up!
- 1 large tortilla
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, stems removed
- 2 tomato slices
- 10-12 very thin cucumber slices
- 4-5 very thin slices red onion
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons drained and rinsed chick-peas
- 2 tablespoons olives, sliced
- Heat the tortilla in a skillet or micorwave if desired, to help make the wrap more pliable.
- Spread the hummus generously over the tortilla, top with tomatoes, spinach, cucumbers and red onion.
- Add the hummus, chick-peas and olives. Roll tightly and slice down the center.
See the post for tips and tricks to make the best veggie wraps.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Wrap Serving Size: 1 wrap (nutrition calculated with carb balance tortilla)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234Total Fat: 11.5gCholesterol: 16.7mgSodium: 740mgCarbohydrates: 35gNet Carbohydrates: 16gFiber: 19gSugar: 4.2gProtein: 11.8g