Enjoy 5 Easy Keto Breakfast Sandwiches, all under 5 net carbs each! This is perfect for low carb, gluten free meal prep!
If you are looking for ways to reduce your carb intake, it might seem a little daunting at first. After all, so many of those easy, grab and go options we know and love are loaded with carbs. At first glance it might appear sandwiches are simply not an option, well they are now! Today I’m sharing three amazing Keto Breakfast Sandwiches using low carb, homemade bagels!
These are easy recipes to meal prep to start your week off right! In addition to these low carb recipes, I’ll help guide you through some other quick and easy low carb, and keto friendly meal meal prep options!
Can you have bread for a keto breakfast?
You cannot have traditional bread on a keto diet. However, there are many keto-friendly bread options that make sticking to a low carb lifestyle rather painless.
Store bought options include several varieties of low carb or very low net carb breads. This is going to vary dramatically based on your area and choice of grocery stores, but most of the keto-friendly breads I have seem are kept in the freezer or chilled section at the grocery. You will likely not find this type of bread on a normal bread shelf. It is also important to note I have never come across a low carb bread that is also gluten free. So if you are following a gluten free diet, this is an unlikely option for you. Some other options are:
- Low Carb Tortillas: readily available, Mission Carb Balance is a good option, but look through the selection at your store, you will likely find several more.
- Plant Based Low Carb Tortillas/Wraps: often made from a cauliflower base these can be found in the chilled section at most grocery stores.
- Cheese wraps: Yes, you read that right. There are actually slices of cheese that are the size of a medium tortilla, you can make a wrap using these as your shell. These are found in the cheese section at your grocer.
- Lettuce Wraps: Easy, inexpensive and healthy, you can use Romaine, Bibb, or Iceberg lettuce for a wrap or sandwich.
Homemade Keto Bread Recipes
While I have not perfected a traditional keto-friendly sliced bread recipe, I have several excellent homemade options for you. For all of the recipes I am sharing today I used my no fail Keto Bagel recipe. These make the perfect soft, chewy bagels and they are only about 3 net carbs each. You can also use any of these options:
How do you make Keto Breakfast Sandwiches?
To make bagel breakfast sandwiches slice the bagels and toast. Add the desired protein, cheese and vegetables. You can easily prepare a few of these ahead of time and simply warm them in the morning in 30 second increments until heated through. The varieties I am sharing today include:
- Keto Bagel BLT
- Everything Bagel with Sausage and Egg
- Bacon, Egg, Lettuce and Tomato
- Veggie Bagel Sandwich
- Sausage, Egg and Cream Cheese Sandwich
Tips for Make Ahead Keto Breakfast Sandwiches
- If you are making sandwiches the night before you plan to eat them, there is no need to freeze. Simply prepare the sandwich and allow it to cool, wrap tightly and store in the fridge. Simply reheat in the microwave in 30 second increments until warmed through.
- Leave off any produce you would like to add until after it is warmed. Imagine a delicious BLT and reheating with the bacon and lettuce on the sandwich. The taste and texture of the vegetables would be ruined.
- To freeze, prepare the sandwich (leaving off any produce) and allow it to cool completely before wrapping. If you wrap when the sandwich is still warm it will allow condensation to build up and become soggy. Wrap in freezer safe foil or plastic wrap and store in a freezer bag. Remove the sandwiches as needed and reheat in the microwave in 30 second increments until warmed through.
Other Keto Breakfast Recipes
- Keto Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Bites
- Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels
- Keto Ham and Cheese Breakfast Biscuits
- Bacon Egg and Cheese Bites
Keto BLT Egg Bagel 4.8 net carbs
- 1 Keto Bagel, 1 fried egg, 1 lettuce leaf, 1 tomato slice, 2 slices cooked bacon, 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
Keto BLT Bagel 4.6 net carbs
- 1 Keto Bagel, 1 lettuce leaf, 1 tomato slice, 2 slices cooked bacon, 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
Sausage, Egg and Cream Cheese Sandwich 4 net carbs
- 1 Keto Bagel, 1 fried egg, 1 tablespoon cream cheese
Veggie Bagel Sandwich 5 net carbs
- 1 Keto Bagel, 1 tablespoon cream cheese, 2 small slices avocado, 2 small slices tomato, 2 small slices cucumber, 2 tablespoon sprouts or micro greens, 1 tablespoon feta cheese
Everything Bagel with Sausage and Egg 4 net carbs
- 1 Keto Everything Bagel, 1 cooked sausage patty, 1 fried egg
- Slice the bagel and toast if desired, layer the ingredients and top with the reminaing bagel slice. Enjoy immediately.
This is the Keto Bagel recipe I used for these sliders.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 Keto BLT Bagel Sandwich
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 442Total Fat: 36gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 707mgCarbohydrates: 7.2gNet Carbohydrates: 4.6gFiber: 2.6gSugar: 1gProtein: 23g