Need a quick and easy vegetarian dinner? This is the Best Spinach and Avocado Wrap loaded with spicy pepper jack cheese, fresh spinach, avocado and loaded with sour cream and salsa!
We all need a few excellent recipes that can be prepared in just a few minutes for those busy weeknights where there is just never enough time. This Spinach and Avocado Wrap is perfect! It takes less than 10 minutes to put together and packs a big nutritional punch!
What ingredients do you need for a spinach wrap?
The best part about this recipe is that it requires very few ingredients that are so basic they may already be part of your weekly grocery run! You can also customize this based on your personal preferences. If you aren’t a fan of spicy flavors sub the pepper jack for a sharp cheddar or Colby jack.
- Tortilla (I use mission gluten free)
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Fresh Spinach
- Sour Cream
How do you make this spinach wrap recipe?
Begin by warming your tortilla in a lightly greased skillet. You can also microwave your tortilla for 10-15 seconds if you are short on time. By warming the tortilla it becomes much more pliable and rolls easily without cracking. Place 1-2 slices of Pepper Jack cheese down the center of the wrap.
Next, add a layer of spinach leaves over the entire tortilla, go as heavy or as light as you like. Lastly, add sliced avocado, sour cream and your favorite salsa. Roll your wrap tightly and slice down the center at an angle. From beginning to end, this simple healthy wrap is ready in less than 10 minutes!
What is an easy side dish for spinach wraps?
This wrap goes well with so many sides! To keep things simple serve with your favorite tortilla chips and salsa. However, if you would like to cook an extra delicious side dish to go along with it these are a few of my favorites:
- Crispy Zucchini Fries
- Chili Cheese Collard Green Chips
- Sweet Corn Chowder
- Lima Bean Salsa and tortilla chips
- Healthy Taco Soup (slow cooker or Instant Pot)
Other Easy Recipes
Checkout a few more of my favorite simple and healthy recipes!
- Spicy Chicken Bacon Ranch Wrap
- Healthy Breakfast Mushroom Tacos
- Perfect Blackened Pork Chops
- Keto Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites
- Easy Keto Club Lettuce Wrap
- 1 large tortilla (I used Mission gluten free)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 avocado, sprinkled with sea salt
- 1-2 slices pepper jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon of sour cream
- 3-4 tablespoons of salsa
- Heat a large 12 inch skillet to medium heat, spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Heat the tortilla until lightly brown.
- Add pepper jack cheese down the center of the wrap.
- Layer the spinach evenly over the entire wrap
- Place the sliced avocado, sour cream and salsa down the center of the wrap, then wrap tightly.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261Total Fat: 18.6gCarbohydrates: 23.7gFiber: 10.3gProtein: 4.7g