Make perfect, juicy Air Fryer Cheeseburgers with four basic ingredients! You can make these burgers from fresh or frozen patties and they are ready in a pinch!
Air Fryer Cheeseburgers
Skip the grill and make juicy, tender hamburgers right in your air fryer! You can cook scratch made hamburger patties, or frozen patties in an air fryer in just a few minutes! Remember to grab the cheese and your favorite burger toppings! These Air Fryer Cheeseburgers will be a new family favorite!
How to make Burgers in the Air Fryer
Simply combine the meat, sauce, garlic, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl and combine with your hands, being sure that you really work in the seasonings evenly. Split the mixture into three 1/3 pound patties. Use a burger press, your hands, or place the balls of meat between parchment paper and pat out evenly to about 1/2 inch thick. Season the outside of the burger with salt and pepper.
How Long to Cook Burgers in the Air Fryer
Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees. Add the burger patties to the preheated air fryer and fry 5 minutes, flip and fry an additional 5-6 minutes. When the burger has reached your desired doneness add the cheese and close the air fryer. The heat will melt the cheese perfectly.
The USDA recommends an internal temperature of 160 degrees F for ground beef. This is the temperature that should destroy any bacteria that could be harmful.
Frozen Burgers in Air Fryer
Preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees. Add the frozen patty directly to the preheated air fryer (no need to thaw). Fry the burger 6 minutes, flip and fry an additional 6 minutes. Check the burger with a meat thermometer and cook in 2 minute increments until it reaches an internal temp of 160 degrees F. Add the cheese and close the air fryer lid for 1-2 minutes, the cheese will melt from the residual heat.
What kind of meat makes a juicy burger?
I highly recommend an 80/20 cut of ground beef. This makes a great, juicy burger. Leaner cuts of beef will be lower in fat, but they are easier to overcook and can be tough. To make a great juicy burger you will also need: Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
How do I know when a burger is done?
Ultimately, all of my recipe times are to be used as guidelines. The exact cooking time will depend on how you like your burger, the type of equipment you are cooking on, how hot your grill or oven heats things, and how thick your patty is. Watch the burgers closely and remove them from the heat when they have reached your preferred temp.
Best Burger Toppings
The best burgers are topped with a variety of delicious toppings! In my opinion, you need to pair a juicy burger, with crunchy cold lettuce, mayonnaise and mustard! Here are some of the best toppings for your Air Fryer Burgers:
- Lettuce: any variety, I love romaine or iceberg for crunch.
- Tomato: any variety.
- Onions or Grilled Onions: red onion is also a great option.
- Pickle: also makes a great keto-friendly snack option!
- Bacon: crispy thin or thick cut bacon.
- Cheese: any variety you prefer.
- Condiments: mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup
Air Fryer Recipes
- 1 pound 80/20 Ground Beef
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 slices cheese
- Combine the beef, sauce, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl until the seasonings have been worked in well. Divide the mixture into 3 equal portions.
- Use a burger press, or place the patties between parchement paper and flatten until it is about 1/2 inch thick.
- Season the outside of the burger with additional salt and pepper (or seasoned salt).
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees. Add the burger patties to the preheated air fryer and fry 5 minutes, flip and fry an additional 5-6 minutes. When the burger has reached your desired doneness add the cheese and close the air fryer. The heat will melt the cheese perfectly.
The cooking times listed are a guide:
Use a meat thermometer. The USDA recommends an internal temperature of 160 degrees F for ground beef. This is the temperature that should destroy any bacteria that could be harmful.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1 (burger patty + cheese)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 504Total Fat: 39gCholesterol: 134mgSodium: 544mgCarbohydrates: 2.8gNet Carbohydrates: 2.7gFiber: 0.1gSugar: 0.7gProtein: 23g